Saturday, March 23, 2013

Picture 80

Thursday, March 21st, 2013

IMAG0331

This is only the last escapade of Magnus today.

It started out OK. Dana was organizing and filing some Lego sets in the morning. He was getting them all put away, and I was doing a load of laundry in our mini washing machine. When behind where the machine usually sat, Magnus found some finger paint. He opened the blue paint and poured it out onto the ottoman that sits in his room while Dana was in there with him. Magnus is a stealth baby.

So we stole his clothes (which were mildly blue) and banished him to the living room while we tried to find all the blankets with paint on them and get all the paint out of the carpet and the ottoman. (More laundry. Yay!)

When I came out to check on Magnus, I found he had broken into and mostly devoured not one but two bananas. And not terribly cleanly. The tablecloth I had put out (a cloth one: we are having the sister missionaries over for dinner) had to be taken off and replaced and I had to clean off one of the dinning chairs.

Then when we put Magnus in his room for his nap he decided he wanted to play a little bit instead of sleep. I have no problem with this. I don’t demand he naps (though he does still need it) but I do encourage an hour of alone time in his room. When I went in to check on him, he was trying to pull the turtle out of his tank. And he had fed the turtle. All of his food.

Luckily Dana was home for all of this and did a great job managing all this craziness and still helped me get the rest of the house tidy for the missionaries before leaving for work. Thank you, Dana!

No comments:

Post a Comment